Monday, November 2, 2009

"Secondary Jazz" by A.B.Deneweth

Happy Monday! Technically, this is a study for a large oil abstract painting. Sometimes, I like to work the "kinks" out on a smaller scale, but often I end up liking the smaller abstract just as much.

In this case, today's creative challenge was to create an interesting color and value pattern focusing on the secondary colors: Green, Violet, and Orange. I also used a very limited "4 tube only" primary painting palette of Rose Madder, Indian Yellow, Prussian Blue and white which forces me to practice mixing interesting secondary colors. I will later try to work with these colors in another way, such as a landscape or animal painting.

"Secondary Jazz" 12 x 12 oil on panel, study for larger work.
For more information about my art, please visit My Daily Painting Blog.
Scarlet Owl Studio is located in sunny Denver, COLORADO.

No comments:

Post a Comment