Friday, November 6, 2009

"Speckled Pears" by A.B. Deneweth

TGIF everyone! I painted this watercolor of three pears yesterday as a quick demo for my class. I was attracted to these pears in the store because of their interesting speckles, which I thought would be fun to paint with my Funny Brush (which I don't use very often).

I love painting bright, mostly transparent watercolors and watching the colors mix and mingle on their own. As I say to my watercolor students, embrace watercolor surprises, don't fight them and you'll always be a happy and successful watercolor painter.

"Speckled Pears" by A.B. Deneweth, watercolor 12 x 16 on Arches Cold Press block.
For more info about my art or classes please visit My Daily Painting Blog.

Artists please check out my NEW Art Marketing & Creativity Blog Art Smarts.
Scarlet Owl Studio is located in Denver, COLORADO.

No comments:

Post a Comment