Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Horizon Series: Abstract 1027 by Kay Wyne

Horizon Series: Abstract 1027
Oil on 22" x 30" Gallery Wrap Canvas
When I started this painting, I was thinking of painting abstract circles...but after one day of painting, I changed my mind and went in another direction. After day one, the canvas composition changed...and I put a horizon line it in, and took out the circles. It was too complicated, so I painted out everything. I also changed my color palette. Some of the colors were random, like the cad yellow and paynes gray. I wasn't happy with the color combination. I put down the brush and picked up the palette knife. The layers of paint went on...I have not signed this painting, but it could be finished. I am taking a few days to let it sit before I sign it.This contemporary abstract is on gallery wrap canvas, so no frame is needed. It is ready to hang once I sign and make a few minor changes.

My husband and I are getting ready to do Santa Fe!!! I can't wait. It is always so inspirational to visit New Mexico. If you are interested in this painting, please contact me. Thanks for viewing my art!

No comments:

Post a Comment