Saturday, October 31, 2009

"East Meets Hearts" by A.B.Deneweth

Happy Halloween everyone! Like many abstract painters, I love to incorporate a variety of symbols into my work and I particularly enjoy mixing Western and Eastern symbols as I've done hear with hearts and Chinese calligraphy symbols representing peace, harmony, the elements, etc.

I also wanted to play with a lot of high key color relationships which reminded me Japanese or Chinese packaging you might see with lots of candy pastel colors, bright reds, etc. Along those lines, I intentionally created a very busy canvas to add to the energy.

"East Meets Hearts" by A.B.Deneweth, 24 x 24 oil on canvas, SOLD
For more information about my art or classes, please visit My Daily Painting Blog.
Scarlet Owl Studio is located in Denver, COLORADO.

No comments:

Post a Comment