Wednesday, October 28, 2009

"Rainforest Prince" by A.B.Deneweth

This is a abstracted watercolor painting of a tree frog (or is it a toad?) who resides at our local Denver Zoo. I don't know that much about amphibians but I read the other day that there are almost 5,000 species of frogs and that a captive frog can live for up to 40 years.

Normally, I prefer big cats, penguins, and giraffes but visiting the Tropical Discovery building I was really enchanted by the bright hues of the exotic reptiles and amphibians. It was bit tricky to take a photo of him behind the glass, so that's when I decided to make the background a bit more abstract anyway.

"Rainforest Prince" by A.B. Deneweth, watercolor on paper, private collection.
Scarlet Owl Studio is located in Denver, COLORADO.
Please visit My Daily Painting Blog for more information about my art or classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment